Welcome! (Still under construction, please forgive any bugs)
My name is Trevor Pirtle.
I’m a little bit obsessed with lifestyle design and bringing awesome people together in-person. This website is where I share what I’ve learned and help connect badasses with each other.
What Is Lifestyle Design?
I could write a book’s worth of information on this (and I will). But in a sentence…
Lifestyle design is about being a fuckin’ badass.
What do I mean by being a badass? Below is a summary of my definition of lifestyle design/being a badass, yours may be a little different based on your values.
- I will get better at everything I do (that is worth my focus).
- I will do what needs to be done to get what I want. Otherwise known as hustle.
- When I make other people’s lives better, my life becomes better. I leave things, spaces and people better than before I arrived.
- I embrace discomfort in the pursuit of growth. The obstacle is the way.
- I have a ridiculous, sickening belief in myself (which may be interpreted as slightly delusional, naïve, arrogant, etc).
- To be the best, I must fail more than anyone else.
- Increase freedom of Time, increase Income, increase freedom of Mobility (TIM).
- Do work that has Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose (AMP).
- Be physically fit and eat healthy.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Get continuously better at hobbies that are enjoyable, social and have AMP. (Purpose can be being outside, connecting with people, exercise, etc.)
- Have a creative outlet (art, music, writing).
- Get better at connecting romantically/sexually with the opposite sex (W&P Goal #4 is super helpful).
- Have my own space which I’m continuously improving.
- Live near and connect with amazing people.
Work & Personal Goals
- Get increasingly clear about what I want and the most efficient way to get it.
- Spend time doing nothing (being in nature, sitting meditation, walking, sunbathing, etc). Nothing is where the best ideas come. Spending time being instead of always doing brings clarity.
- Get better at prioritizing and sticking to what’s important to you. There’s no such thing as I’m too busy, it’s simply not a priority.
- Become a masterful conversationalist: learn how to listen, give good feedback, do awesome things and improve your sense of humor.
What I’ve listed below is rarely ever talked about as “lifestyle design,” but the more of these skills you have, the more of a badass you are. These skills are all about being antifragile—thriving under chaos.
These are skills that should be a part of general education. It’d be great to be at least competent in as many of them as possible. They build confidence like little else.
The more successful you are in business, the more time and money you can devote towards badassery.
- Martial arts (grappling, striking)
- Wilderness survival
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
- Fishing and hunting (and being a good shot)
- Harvesting wild plants
- Being an ice (wo)man
- Growing food (permaculture)
- Primitive skills
- Building shelter
- Being handy
- Electrical work
Lifestyle design is a wide and diverse topic that boils down to getting clearer about your ideal lifestyle and then taking steps towards it (and enjoying the journey). My intention of this site is to help you do both.
If you’ve read this far, I appreciate you. This site is still in it’s infancy stage, if you’d like to watch the progress, enter your email below. I’ll send out occasional updates when it seems appropriate.